Embarrassing Tunes

I finally got around to downloading a bit-torrent client, 'Vuze', and was inspired to look into some peculiar tunes I haven't heard since they came out to see if they might be available and how I might respond to them now. So far I've only managed to find 'Have You Never Been Mellow', by Olivia Newton John. Quite an odd time warp kind of effect that visualized that olive-gree lava lamp and brown shag we had... I think both are still being manufactured. I almost got a hold of 'More More More' by Andrea True Connection, but pressed the wrong button which canceled everything.
Naturally I'm now curious to know of any peculiar tunes that any of you guys might have liked in a mildly embarrassing kind of way. :D

I was a big Elton John fan when I was a teeny-bopper. But I guess that's ok since most of his early 70's stuff was vastly different than his post-Yellow Brick Road mid and late 70's stuff.
Also, I liked "RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM" by Maxine Nightingale "SORRY SEEMS TO BE THE HARDEST WORD" by Elton John "Rhiannon (Will You Ever Win)" by Stevie Nicks "Say You Love Me" by Christine McVie by Fleetwood Mac "A LITTLE BIT SOUTH OF SASKATOON" by Sonny James "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING" by Leo Sayer
Why you ask? It's the soundtrack to the movie Slapshot, the George Roy Hill hockey movie with Paul Newman. Hugely influencial for hockey crazed Canajuns like me. Right Michael? Ken?
Pierre Levesque wrote:

Agreed. I owned Brick Road for a time.

Hey, that wasn't bad either.

Wow... I recognize some and I'm fairly sure I know some of the others if I heard them.

All those tunes were on the soundtrack? I ask because I'm a little amazed by the music I'm suddenly able to get.

This town's hockey folk've been making a ruckus recently as you can imagine. I've gotten an earful when caught downtown on my rollerblades. Maybe we'll have another riot this year.

What town is that?

Vancouver. We have "Go Canucks Go" on our city buses.

Never heard of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYCwyJ9Od6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9u8-WGHFY
http://www.hansonbrothers.net / http://www.slapshotfan.com /

Years ago, an illustrator friend of mine did this caricature illustration of me for a NYTimes sports op-ed column called Sound-Off. The weekly topic was on hockey violence.
http://tinyurl.com/262vdm
He gave me the original artwork as a birthday card for my 30th D-day. Check out the quote he put on the bottom... ;-)
On Apr 26, 11:36 am, "Pierre Levesque"

:D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury ?
;D

The Moody Blues <blushes>
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

That's embarrassing?! What about something from Dolly Parton? Remember that 'Convoy' tune? :D
In a previous post =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Seor_Popcorn-Coconut?= wrote...

" Lady Jane" - Rolling Stones (1966)
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?idF2
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Bob Morrison wrote:

I must know it by ear and should see if I can take a listen from online. Not what I'd call embarrassing, but I found The Byrds' 'Eight Miles High' recently and play it fairly often. In a sense, it's new to me, but was often in the background.

I thought about that one for a while, and I can see Bob's point. Harpsichord, dulcimer, Elizabethan pretensions....
Speaking of which, and Fairport Convention fans out there?