Christopher Alexander's book

Hey. Does anyone have a copy of The Linz Cafe by Christopher Alexander you'd be willing to sell? If so, email me - just make sure to put Linz Cafe in the subject line or my ferocious spam filters will tear your message into its component electrons. Thanks.
PS Since I'm asking someone to sell me something, this isn't spam. It's like spam in reverse, so I guess it would be called MAPS. ;)

I've got "A Pattern Language" and "Notes on the Synthesis of Form", and find his insights stick with me despite the obvious flaws with applying a purely inductive methodology. I loaned "A Timeless Way of Building", which is usually a way of ridding yourself of a book.
Not looking to sell either, BTW, just happy someone else is reading him. What's Linz Cafe about?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Ask for their driver's license next time - and keep it until the book is returned.
I like books that make you look at things in a different way. Even if the author makes bizarre conclusions and extrapolations, and is just plain wrong, it's the different viewpoint that is of value.

Not sure, that's why I want to read it. ;)

Exaaaaaactly.

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/0195202635
$1000 used? WTF? You'd think someone would be reprinting it.

Oh, gee, _thanks_, Michael! Nice way to help a guy set up a mark! ;)
That's a low end price, BTW. Some people are asking over two grand for it...and that ain't Canadian!
wrote in message

Like I said, WTF?

You were _supposed_ to help me set it up. Say something like, "That crappy book? It sucks. If I had a copy I'd _pay_ you to take it off of my hands as it just annoys the other books on my shelves."
I wonder if I can sue you for interfering with my scam...errr....transaction, and hold you responsible for the lost income? Where's that number for my lawyers, Engulf & Devour....?
wrote in message

Have them send the papers to Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, Toronto.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

You can ask anything for anything - doesn't mean you're going to get it. I was shocked, too.
It's about the design of one particular building in Austria... I wonder what they charge for an espresso in _that_ place!

I found it on Amazon.com: (Amazon.com product link shortened)% 3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=%22The+Linz+Cafe%22
HTH