Building identification

Hello, I am an art historian, and as part of a current research project I am trying to identify/confirm identification of a building that was published in Amedee Ozenfant's book "The Foundations of Modern Art". It was titled Copenhagen Prison but I have been unable to confirm this or anything else about the building. I have posted a picture of it at the link below and if anyone could provide any information at all it would be much appreciated. http://johnston.rs.googlepages.com/building
Regards, Ryan

This is it - shaped like a pentagram: http://209.85.165.104/search?q che:xXynm0uZ3NEJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kastellet,_Copenhagen+Copenhagen+Prison&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us&lr=lang_en
http://209.85.165.104/search?q che:4CRby_Ih1LAJ:news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3036450.stm+Copenhagen+Prison&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22Copenhagen%22%22Prison%22%5C&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi
http://209.85.165.104/search?q che:UN70pc3CyjUJ:news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/europe/3036450.stm+%22Copenhagen+Prison%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd &gl=us&lr=lang_en
Perhaps the following can lead to something: http://tpj.sagepub.com/cgi/content/citation/68/1/63
I'll let you wade through this: http://denmark.dk/portal/page?_pageid74,648389&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
Good luck

Well, what can I say? You stirred my interest and I found the following:
http://72.14.209.104/search?q che:a85R5SIoVuUJ:www.homeandabroad.com/viewSiteDetails.ha%3FmainInfoId%3D136549+Kastellet+Prison&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&lr=lang_en
http://explorer.altopix.com/map/92nfix/1/386/Kastellet_ (fortress).htm?order=hits
There are lots of hits. However, it's clear that it's not the same structure. Without a picture, being described as a pentagram, I thought it was the same building. Could the author have gotten the wrong picture associated with the prison?
To follow all the hits I found:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Kastellet%22%22Prison%22&btnG=Search
My first thoughts (before being poluted by the OP's actual text ;-) were also of pre-panopticon model prison. I found
http://www.victorianweb.org/periodicals/iln/11c.html
which is not the same, but seems clearly related.
I can't figure what the round areas in each of them are for, but they were similar enough to make me think the OP's image is also a prison.
Thanks for the info Jude and Gruhn. No, it definitely isn't the Kastellet fortress in Copenhagen, but I'll have a look at that article in The Prison Journal when I'm at the library later this afternoon to see if there's anything there. There's always the chance its been closed and perhaps even demolished since the book was published in the '30s. Nonetheless, I think that plan of Pentonville demonstrates that it is/was definitely a prison, even if not in Copenhagen. Will let you know if anything turns up. btw gruhn, what does OP stand for?

It's changed a little over the years, but it's clearly the place
55 deg 39' 34.82" N 12 deg 20' 52.82" E
9 miles west and 1 1/2 miles south of Copenhagen. Town of Albertslund.

Original Poster.