Building ID

I bought a couple of old glass lantern slides a while ago and one of them was a photo of a building. I've been trying to find out what it is but haven't had any luck. I thought someone here might recognize it, or at least head me in the right direction, it can be seen here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Part%202/lsld1.jpg
Thanks, Rob
I wonder if... I think it looks too delicate, but I'll check... Nope, I was DECADES and five architectural styles wrong.
It's got a Washington DC look to it... OK, yup. It is in DC but the one "author" has no clue what it is. Almost looks like it might be Justice in the pediment. So, is it the Supreme Court? Nope, that's got big imposing temple porch.
It is currently "Interstate Commerce." Look to
http://www.dcvisit.com/images/mapmall.jpg near the center of the pic, two blocks east of The Ellipse. http://gallery.maiman.net/washingtondc01/DSC00006_001 places context and larger building form.
Your building look brand spanking new and ICC was established in 1887. It may have been built for ICC, guessing by the timing. http://www.factmonster.com/ce6/history/A0825369.html
Part of the Federal Triangle Complex http://www.epa.gov/owow/nps/lid/stormwater_hq/popup4.htm nice aerial.
Minor correction. I wasn't TOTALLY on crack. There is a court house where I thought it was. It isn't curved though. It makes a little plaza with the new building which is curved. So I'm only HALF on crack and mating buildings that really shouldn't be mated.
Thanks for your help in solving this one, I thought it was going to end up being from somewhere in Europe.
Rob
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /