Architecture Office!

Hi,

i think about the problem to found an Team like an architecture office.First of all i don't know whether there is a realized solution? i was not able to find something with google etc. I imagine that in team cooperates each other via Internet(conferences mail etc). (like a network). The problem is that only projects and competitions can be done, because of different location all over the world a realiziton might be difficult. i think that could be interesting for students....

please tell me your opinions about this idea.. and if there is somebody who is interested to partipcate, can contact me!

thanks robert

Reply to
rokdd

Robert,

Could you please provide us a more "simplified" version of this?

It is confusing as to what your goal is here

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

What kind of network?

Many offices do hundreds of projects a year. Even a single person office may do many tens of projects in a year.

Clearly something is being lost in translation here.

While our different offices tend to work autonomously, it is not THAT uncommon for architects in one office to be working on a project with an architect in another. Yes, email is a great boon.

Group projects in an academic environment are one of the world's largest evils.

The common response, with nothing other than somebody's guess to support the assertion, is that "well in the real world you have to work in groups all the time."

Yes, there are a number of work situations which do demand group/team work. And in any of them there will be nobody in the group who can't be fired for poor performance, there will be nobody in the group whose job is not to work on the task that is given work to do, there will be nobody in the group who says "well, O-Chem is really busting my balls this semester and I'm only taking this pass/fail anyway....". A workplace group project has a manager, right over there. A school group project has a "teacher" who will say "that's for y'all to work out, I can't go around being your Mommy. In the real world..." where you've never set foot sucker, there are bosses who can reassign the cruft.

Interesting? Yeah, the students will learn a lot.

In what? Your problem definition was weaker than can be excused by language.

Reply to
gruhn