bathwaste pipe leaking for 20months,can water travel,and what damages can arise

Hi My bath and shower waste pipes are leaking for 20months,how far can the water travel ,and how far up into the walls,into the foundation,and the structure of the house,and what damages can arise due to all that water leaking under the bath and shower,is my house safe with all that moisture,and if the structure is dried out,will there be more damages.

Reply to
magrieta van staden
 I think it is easy to stop water leaking pipe.
Reply to
Anonymous

- Water's any building's arch-nemesis.

- Water will travel not only as far as gravity will allow, but will also fill up its container.

- Water deteriorates most everything in buildings, including concrete over a long time.

- Water will cause, rust, rot, separation, mold, mildew, sagging and cracking.

- Water's departure continues to cause Dry-Rot and allows destroyed items to fall and crumble away or to become very unstable, since the water is no longer supporting the material. Dry-Rot is wood's continued decay from prolonged water exposure until the wood finally dries-out completely, evidenced only once dry as shattered and exploded or swelled wood with very visible cracks, fissures and loose chip debris.

Reply to
Anonymous