Subject Author Posted Replies

Shop Heat
Think I've got that problem pretty well taken care of now. The winters here in central NC aren't bad - not compared to MI winters, that's for sure. My shop is wood, small, 8X12, and not insulated. I...
16
16

Habitat for Humanity ReStore?
Has anyone had any experiences purchasing building materials from a Habitat For Humanity ReStore? Specifically, how do their prices compare to retail? Thanks! --Steve
10
10

Shop Vacs and how to quieten one
Does anyone have a Quiet Deluxe Series Shop Vac and is it considerably quieter than others you've had? Also has anyone tried any ways to dampen the sound from your shop vac that worked well.
13
13

Welcome to my webside that provides help in English Study for Chinese..
The address is I need your advice. Well, maybe your help. You see. aha! http://englearn.zhan.cn.yahoo.comAnd

Table saws with a riving knife???
Ok, does anyone know which hybrids and 3hp cabinet saws are currently being sold in the US with a riving knife? Does anyone have any information on when in 2008 manufacturers plan on releasing riving...
8
8

What length 7/16" staples for crate making
mostly metalworking machines of smaller size. i
6
6

Centering router baseplate
My PC 690 with plunge base is mainly used to rout circles using a template and template guide bushing. The problem is that the bit is not centered in the bushing. I cannot move the bushing or the...
11
11

Router Table Plate - no crown, no sag? Aluminum? A Lift?
I'm building a big new router table and would like to get an insert that is flat (no crown), but also one that won't sag or easily deflect. I'm going to be hanging a pretty big router under it...
14
14

Painting the new shop
I'll be moving to a new home soon, with a much bigger shop. The previous owners used it as a gameroom, and the walls are painted a sage green color. I'm planning to repaint before moving in. Is there...
20
20

Paint removal on Stanley scraper N°80
Hello woodworkers, I am in possession of a Stanley Scaper N° 80 with several layers of paint on it. The scraper and the blade are in very good condition. Has anyone a hint how to remove those layers...
1
1

OT: 6 megapixels best format for your woodworking pictures?
I disagree. The more pixels, the more freedom you have with image cropping. You are able to zoom in on a region of the picture and still end up with an image with adequate pixel density. If you had...
151
151

More inspiration.
out the baconistas photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlt/36311417/in/photostream/check

Nice page of inspirational references.
These are well within the capabilities of Wreckers. Historical and modern art and craft, with an emphasis on architecture and furniture design.
2
2

Mortising Jig Kit
That and the part that clamps to the quill needs to be the same diameter as the quill. A kit comes with several quill adapters, but measure yours first and then what's in the kit. If your bench top is...
8
8

FS: Dowl-It 2500 doweling jig
This is a topnotch doweling jig, which can be viewed here: (scroll down to #2500) works as advertised. This one is NIB, never opened, and for sale t $30 plus shipping (retail is 52-60). If interested...