Subject Author Posted Replies

My industrial tools
Hey, Check us out at http://myindustrialtools.com.

Repairing split wood
We have a very nice dresser that was custome made. It is about 5 years old, and I noticed on the side of the dresser that it is starting to split from the bottom. It appears the split it where two...
2
2

Table saw motor clicking loudly under load
Hi. It's me again. I'm still fussing with my table saw after replacing the belt. The pulley stays in place now, I think thanks to a good cleaning. But no matter where I position it on the shaft, I...
10
10

how do you make a rocker for a rocking chair
I have been cutting my rockers with the band saw and then belt sanding to size. What are some other ways that you use? Does anybody have an easy way to plot the arc if the rocker based on the size of...
7
7

Negative hook?
Your 10-degree Systimatic will do just fine, the key being that it is TCG. If you draw a line through the centre of the middle, the tooth either leans forward or backward from the line. 10 degrees is...
2
2

Dual fences?
Have you ever been shot in the belly by a piece of wood that the saw kicked back? Huge risk of increased kickback if you try that. You now have two pieces of wood that you are trying to safely pass by...
41
41

air line runs in shop
How much pressure do your tools require? If all you are using the compressor for is to blow off dust then you will have no issues. Pressure and volume make tools work. A dust nozzle requires some...
36
36

REQ: Watts Bros. (Sheffield) Limited 10" Jointer/ Planer query
Hi, I recently purchased a 52ins. x 10ins. jointer/ planer made by Watts Bros. (Sheffield) Ltd. This is substantial cast iron machine, complete, except for the motor. The planer top section is bolted...
2
2

Semi OT - Jet Powered Beer Cooler
Figured this would be a good time to post this again, that way you can have your's ready by warm weather. Oops, it's alreay warm here. LMAO And, anyone that needs an explanation - you wouldn't...
2
2

Project idea: cieling shelf for model train
John, VERY cool! I love this idea. I'm not into model trains, so it's not something I'd do, but I love the concept. And a nice site to support it. SWMBO is still wondering what I find funny about...
25
25

How to build wooden torture machines???
I'm a master and I like to inflict pain on my slaves. But I need some new toys, my slaves need more punishment. So, how can I build wooden torture devices to inflict pain on my slaves??? Please help...
6
6

Oooooo, I Want One
JOAT - who does not welcome thread question e-mails..    http://www.lmsaws.com/deckcutoff.htm
2
2

Bending wood.
Anyone with any experience bending solid(not ply) 3/8" wood to roughly 9" radius? Peice is 12-15" wide and 4 feet long. What's best? Elm? Green or air dried? Soaked, steamed or heated? Bend around a...
7
7

I Am Curious
OK, I make some wooden banks, with various figures on the top. The figures are routed out of half inch plywood, in fact the entire bank is half inch plywood. The part at the bottom of the figure looks...
8
8

Tenon Length
I'm looking at the current issue of popular woodworking and I'm puzzled about the length of mortises they're recommending for a face frame construction. The piece can be found here: better pic can be...
8
8