Subject Author Posted Replies

Potting Benches: Compare Prices
Potting Benches: Compare Prices Find Bargains on Potting Benches and other Outdoor Furniture. Get tax and shipping information, trusted merchant ratings, and professional product reviews at Bench -...

Filler for plywood edges ?
Grover wrote in news: I've had good luck with Elmer's wood filler. It dries by evaporation in about an hour, and it's easy to sand. I usually apply it _after_ I round over the edges.
11
11

advice wanted; working with drywall
Hey Jack and Frozen, Thanks for your input. I'll just use the utility knife and keep the dust (and expensive blade damage ) to a minimum. I guess this stuff scores and snaps away very easily. Thanks...
10
10

Joke
Give the mittens and cap to the Mexican. Oh. Sorry. Not funny either.
3
3

router dust pick-up
I have more routers than I should but I'm still looking for one that has a decent dust pick-up *while doing dadoes*. (2 - 2/12 Hp range) Anyone have suggestions? Max
15
15

Grinder?
Check this one out: liked mine so well I bought another. They come with soft white wheels on them (friable) so they work well for all kinds of sharpening. They used to come with one side 60 grit and...
14
14

Japanese smoothing planes - camber?
Jay Pique wrote in news:3416388b-432c-4dd7-917a- I think it depends on the planes usage, on a smoother I tend to ease the corners, which will minimize the plane tracks, on a larger plane made for...
1
1

Router Plates
Tim, I may be crazy, but I recall seeing a .pdf of the Bench Dog router plate drilling template somewhere online recently. Usually, I would have saved either the .pdf file or the link to it. I've...
6
6

INSPIRATION - Ducks
Careful, those Iraqiduckies at the bottom might leave an oil slick in your bathtub. B.
5
5

wood bending.
I just picked up my48" X 15" slabs of "green" elm, 1/2" thick on Wednesday. I'll be milling them down to 3/8", then I need to bend them into about a 10" radius. Any real good suggestions from someone...
3
3

F/S 1940's Delta Unisaw Arizona
I have a 1940's Delta Unisaw for sale. Check it out here: 480-577-8260
2
2

Laminate flooring
I have installed some self-locking (cherry) laminate flooring which is very hard to keep clean. The directions say do not use wax on it. I wonder if anyone has used wax and what the outcome was. I'm...
2
2

Dado width
The point about variation in thickness was that, if you cut a ¾" width dado to receive shelves, and some of the shelf material is greater or less than ¾" thick, you will be too tight on some shelves...
24
24

rec.norm posting stats 2000 - 2008
Number of posts made during the period 4/23 to 5/23 in each of the last nine years. 4,010 from Apr 23, 2008 to May 23, 2008 3,910 from Apr 23, 2007 to May 23, 2007 6,750 from Apr 23, 2006 to May 23,...
2
2

Router template problem
THANK YOU, that's a good clip and good site. > Wood Whisperer home page:>> --- Chip Homepage - The Wood Whisperer http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1344664476/bclid1344578...