Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 434
I need some help with the second and fifth items in this week's set:
22
22

What is a woodworker?
Someone wrote a blog at about how non-woodworkers have all sorts of false assumptions about woodworkers. I thought it was a fun question, so I'm starting this thread here . I spend 10 times more time...
9
9

O.T.
Has anyone here found a gate latch that works where frost heave is a problem? Every Spring I have to move it to align with the lock assembly. Sal
10
10

Black and Decker Bandsaw 9411 Type I
To start off I realize it is a cheap saw and I could do better, but for $25 I thought it was a good deal to work a bandsaw into my needs in woodworking. Question: I picked it up at a yard sale with...
34
34

Incra V120 Miter Gauge 60 bucks shipped!
Rockler has these for 59.99 w/ free shipping. Incra® Miter V120 Gauge the reviews I've read are very positive. This will replace my stock Delta with is about as accurate as bird-shot for a sniper. I...
12
12

interesting product.
I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this. like a nice product. Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools Woodworking Hand & Power Tools &...
8
8

Trimming Edging
I've got some plywood with a hardwood edging glued on. The edging is thick (1/8-3/16") and a little larger than the plywood, so it needs to be trimmed to exact size. A hand plane is working pretty...
26
26

Solar update for 1st quarter
After billing for first 3 months of 2012, here are the results: kWh(solar) Elec$ (total/elect) Bank (on/off) January: 819 $32.04/$5.63 105/0 February: 945 $24.07/$3.11 278/0 March: 987 thru 3/27...
38
38

Re: OT - Thank you Roy Williams.........
Hallelujah. The second greatest thing to happen to KU basketball was to get rid of that worthless Roy Williams. A complete failure at KU when it counted. 2 or 3 final fours and championship games and...

Woodworking Show and Totally Turning this coming weekend
The annual Woodworkers Showcase woodworking show is this coming weekend in Saratoga Springs, NY. the same venue is Totally Turning me up if you are there... I'm on the schedule! John

Uni-T-Fence
That didn't take long. Thanks, Swingman I *like* it. Max
6
6

OT: More Electrical
As long as we're talking about electricity: We're selling our mobile home and a potential buyer had it inspected. One of the things he said should be done was to install GFCI outlets in the outlets...
6
6

OT: Electrical - Removing a circuit
I've got a series of outlets that are the same height as my railroad's benchwork. I've actually got enough outlets in that area, so disconnecting the circuit would be the easiest way to go. Can I just...
19
19

A pattern/mold for drilling a small wheel fork axle?
I have some hand tools, but no significant shop tools. A long-standing problem... Sometimes aluminum flat bar is bent into a U shape so that it can be used as a wheel axle. The problem is drilling...
7
7

Funny Craigs List offering in Tools section
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/2920736066.html http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/2920736066.html
3
3