Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: The Wreck Family
PLONK! Philski Bay Area Dave wrote:
3

newspaper storage rack planz
Howdy. Anyone got a site for a simply nice rack to store old newspapers ? Thanks
1
1

Re: Teak Wood
It's not as tough as everyone makes it seem. If you are set up with carbide, you'll be fine. I sell and manufacture over 15,000 BF per month. It's my favorite wood to work. No matter how you put it in...

A WOODWORKING STORY
in the archives, and found this story I put together about a year ago. Amazing some of the stuff you can find there. JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking...

Re: Popperpult
> ???Sounds like a blast! Scott http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/Pictures
4
4

Do I need biscuits?
Rather new to woodworking, so this may be a simple question. I'm making a tabletop out of 1" cherry on top of 1" MDF. I am going to band the table top with cherry also to cover up the MDF. My question...
10
10

Re: HD Disappointment, was Re: Delta disappointment
This may be a little off topic, but with the current economic situation, I find that I am cutting the folks at HD a little more slack. When I see a middle aged man working at HD (or Lowe's or at...
1
1

The Biggest Tool You'll Ever Own
I was reading the most recent thread about messy shops. This is the latest in a revered series of messy shop threads. Prolly the nastiest one was started by O'Deen, when he had the balls to post a...
10
10

My $11 coffee table
A previous post reminded me on one of my earliest furniture projects. A coffee table. I was fresh out of grad school, gainfully employed with an honest-to-gawd salary and about to furnish my first...
9
9

Scroll Saw
I am looking at buying a scroll saw. I have been looking at the DeWalt 20" saw and would like your comments. I have never used a scroll saw before because I have a band saw but I am looking to saw...
4
4

Re: Minwax ClearShield or Helmsman Spar for Exterior door?
While they are both fine products, I would recommend LATEX paint over either product. The front door catches too much of everything including UV rays. Latex paint is about the only thing that will...
4
4

"real shop" tour
It always depresses me to watch Norm, David Marks or see web pics of somebody building their 24x40' dedicated shop with 14' ceilings and every machine imaginable. OTOH, I love to see real-world shops...
13
13

Anyone purchased measured drawing from New Yankee?
Has anyone purchased any of Norms measured drawings? I'm thinking about buying the plans for the CD storage case. Are they just a drawing or do they have some narrative to them listing the steps you...
6
6

Hock chip-breaker, a little review
Hi Folks, I haven't seen anyone here talk about these, and as I just picked one up, thought I send out a little mini-review. (usual disclaimer, I'm not affiliated with Hock Tools in any way, other...
1
1

Check your woodworking library
I became interested in woodworking author R.J. Cristoforo. I noticed that he has several books over the years covering lots of subjects. Some of the books are no longer available. My local library...
7
7