Subject Author Posted Replies

Blond
We have an old end table that needs refinishing. It is stained and in places the wood has darkened considerably. My question is what can I use to bleach the wood that while not returning it to the...
2
2

OT Movie Zeitgeist
My girlfriend got me to watch this last night. It's a documentry that will get most to think. It's not for most unless you appreciate a different point of view. I better put my fireproof flame suit...
8
8

How difficult to make
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders....
31
31

Reaction to walnut
I was able to read a page and a half of the article online. Then I realized I owned the book I was reading out of (at Google books), Taunton's (Best of FWW): "Designing Furniture". I will read the...
79
79

Re: Saga of the Sofa Table - the pup lays claim
Great day for shooting shellac: the pup lays claim: the shellac a week or so to cure, rub with brown paper, and it's toast. That's all she wrote folks ... Album Archive Album Archive
6
6

Martin Jointer and Thicknesser
There's no end to the amazing woodworking machines you can get.
5
5

Wonder Who Bought These Tools?
I was looking around on YouTube and came across this video. A whole workshop full of pretty high end tools for sale, many of them never used. It was all up for sale a few years ago, but I'm wondering...
1
1

Leaning furniture??
Sometimes you wonder whether the world is leaving you behind. Suddenly find myself designing one of these for a client based on their verbal description (a first blush effort, with no further client...
40
40

What is it? Set 463
Today's set has been posted:
39
39

Big Iron
might need a block and tackle to assemble it. http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/product.html?node=21497&product=1637120You http://www.jettools.com/us/manufacturing/en/product.html?node=21497
34
34

Joinery suggestions
I'm building a small coffee table out of reclaimed cherry, which includes s= ome nominal 2x6 door jambs rescued from a bank. The top will be 1x30x30 so= lid cherry with the 2x6 as the border. I plan...
17
17

Power Tool based Haunted House
Yeah, for use on other contestants who -didn't- reach the .45 pistols, MP5 carbines, flame throwers, RPGs, or bows 'n arrows first. -- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram...
10
10

Way Way OT, Alternative Fuel any one?
No, I'll pass!
9
9

buying used table saw
I'm considering buying a used cabinet TS off Craig's List or whatever. Aside from the obvious: Overall condition, fit and finish Table flatness and condition Cranks, pulleys, &tc., smooth tilt and...
55
55

Exterior wood protection?
Before it gets too cold I would like to get at least some paint on all the exterior wood I've put up: pressure treated fencing, T1-11 gates, plywood planters (approx 1.5 x 1 x 3'). As far as paint...
20
20