Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood in contact with metals - any compatibility issues?
I've recently acquired an old lathe, with lots of tooling, and am considering my options for racking the collets, chucks, and other accessories. Is there any guidance on what woods, if any, can be...
9
9

Frame saw blade
New William Putsch 8 pt rip, $8.00 from Highland, or 100 year old 5 TPI cast steel blade with almost no rust, thanks to being protected by a layer of condensed smog? Should cut sweet after 2 hrs of...

Shop Lights in Houston - Craigslist
Might be worth checking in to: http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/3389165021.htmlSonny
11
11

A M A Z I N G detailed model
Ahh, the "clean your lens" setting.
18
18

Cabinet add on door racks
How about using liquid nails. Have found that this stuff hold well. Paul T.
19
19

Marc Spagnuolo - The Money Whisperer!
It appears that talking about woodworking pays pretty well! I'm sure most of you here are familiar with 'The Wood Whisperer' website/podcast/blog: just watched his video 'Dream Shop Build' 's your...
51
51

Beadlock
Here's my first take on the Beadlock M&T system. Got the "pro" system with= the 3/8 tenons for about $120 on sale at Rockler -- a tad less expensive t= han Leon's Domino. A little bit of futzing to...

Man am I grumpy.
Now that the storm has hit, I have time to build, but not enough power from my generator. its a 4300 watt run 6200 max peak I turned on the tablesaw and it did not have enough power to spin all the...
14
14

For want of a screw (not that kind)
How about the $1 thing (an iPod wire) that was shipped from HK, for free, but required a signature? The note in my mailbox had no details at all, so I swing by the post office Saturday morning and...
34
34

Adjustable Miter Bar
Make an adjustable miter bar that is immune to humidity changes: Make an adjustable miter bar. My website: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/ woodworking forum: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/
2
2

Cutting 3.5" foam insulation board
Any ideers? JP
23
23

Forrest Saw Blade
I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest. I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane...
8
8

Set Screws vs. Cap Screws
I have a commercial project coming up that requires me to build a display table for a couple of scale model airplanes, one is the Antonov 124. The models actual wing span is approximately 56", nose to...
44
44

NCIS and Shopsmith
Did anyone catch the NCIS episode this week and Gibbs appreciation of an old Shopsmith? He first saw in a pawn shop for $269. Then later it shows up in in basement twice. Once in a scene with his...
13
13

Wide belt drum sander questions
I recently purchased a Delta 31-250 drum sander off CL and I have 100 = grit paper installed right now. I was sending cherry flat panel doors thru = yesterday and I get burning from some of the pitch...
8
8