Subject Author Posted Replies

Disappointing news; Baltimore Area (Towson) Woodcraft is closing
I just received a postcard stating my local Woodcraft is closing soon. The "rumors? I heard earlier stated the owners were looking for a buyer but could not find anyone to take over the franchise....
36
36

Rockler FX router lift
I recognize the speed issues using a PC690, I seem to recall that there are speed reducers available, oui? Which part?
41
41

Lynchburg VA
I'm going to be in the Lynchburg, VA area this weekend, with a few hours to burn on Saturday. Is there anything in the area, woodwrking related, that would be considered a "can't miss attraction"...
9
9

What is it? Set 493
I need some help with four of them this week: Rob
25
25

Roy on DVD
Have you guys seen that Popular Woodworking is making past seasons of The Woodwright's Shop available on DVD? The early seasons look as though they were transfered from video tape (and probably were),...

RGB transtint
Hey guys trying to put an order in for Transtint on sale at Rockler. Any of you ever buy the Red Green and Blue to mix and make your own tints?
7
7

RE: O/T: So You Want To A Plumber
Things you want to remember if you want to be a plumber: 1) Friday is payday 2) Never bite your fingernails 3) Never eat the yellow snow 4) Crap doesn't flow uphill 5) It may smell like crap to you...
4
4

Maloof finish one more time
Put the first coat of the Maloof oil/poly down the other day on hard maple sanded to 220 (smooth as a baby's butt). Some parts dried a bit rougher than I expected. 0000 steel wool or 400 sandpaper to...
7
7

Everybody in the shop??? :)
Not seen any activity on the rec since early yesterday other than my errata post earlier this AM???
19
19

(OT) HF snap rings fwiw
I purchased two sets of snap rings from HF, I would not have been surprised if they had been unusable. They were very cheap compared to most offerings. Turns out they are well made and will hold their...
5
5

1st Try with Scarey Sharp
I started with set of "new" Blue Marples gouges, that have been used until dull. I sprayed an adequate amount (probably more than necessary) of 3m Super 77 adhesive onto my 9"x12" granite block, and I...
4
4

Saw Stop Update
I am about to wrap up my first paying job with the SawStop. The saw is performing above my expectations. With use I will say that the saw was shipped without grossly excess protection against rust. A...
2
2

removing stain from your hands
I heard this tip on American Restorations this past week. Basically they said that if you get wood stain on your hands, put some olive oil on them and it will help remove the stain. something in the...
13
13

New Greene and Greene book
If have ever heard of Darrell Peart you will know he is master furniture bu ilder concentrating in the Greene and Greene style. Probably the preeminent expert in the field. He has really studied the...
2
2

Design principles
Are there any basic rules governing the design of a wooden structure? I'm trying to improve my wood working skills, and my next project is a log store for the garden. My design so far is here [1],...
31
31