What is it? Set 494

Just posted this week's set:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2875 String/cord tightener or slack eliminator. For a long curtain or blind cord. Wedge the excess length into the two narrow slits with the extra loop in the middle.

2876 Smudge pot. Burn smokey oil for light, heat or warning.

2879 Grease gun.

2880 Counter/accumulator. As small groups of events happen, stick a po> Just posted this week's set:

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
2875 - Looks like the handle of a corkscrew

2876 - Looks like a mini soap dispenser, so presumably for dispensing something other than soap?

2879 - Rivet gun?
Reply to
PuzzleScot

2876

Looks like it might be a pressure regulator for a pressure cooker.

Reply to
phorbin

2876 - smudge pot

2877 - adjustable back scratcher ?

2879 - Tire plug gun.

2880 - Some type of counter. Maybe for a turnstile type device?

Reply to
Steve W.

Posting from my desk top PC, as always.

2875 looks a bit like a cable link, for auto brake cables. The cable had a ball at the end, and it went into the center, much like a beaded key chain. 2876, maybe hanging oil lamp, or citronella for Mrs. O'Leary's barn. 2877, no serious guesses. 2878, not much idea. 2879, one of these, maybe. Grease gun, rivet tool, sausage stuffer, caulk dispenser, or??

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
2880 - A stretch: Maybe a device for determining pulley sizes, for different ratios/speeds/turns, as per the 2 arbor sizes represented by each disc's hole.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

2879 Gun for tagging livestock's ears. 2875 Something for tightening something that's on a line (similar to a spoke wrench for bike) or for holiding 2 ends of a cable together.. that has a crimp on each end... (best I could do)
Reply to
woodchucker

The last one is correct, the patent calls it an adding machine.

Reply to
Rob H.

Good answer, it is indeed a tire plug gun.

Reply to
Rob H.

I think old oil lamp might be correct, closest thing I could find to it is some antique campaign torches.

Reply to
Rob H.

That's it! It actually is a spoke wrench, so that was a good guess on this one.

Reply to
Rob H.

I think old oil lamp might be correct, closest thing I could find to it is some antique campaign torches.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2878 is a primer pocket deburring tool for large cases.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge
2875 Bicycle spoke wrench.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I like this theory, I couldn't find any proof for it, but it sounds good.

Reply to
Rob H.

I hate to tell you this but I actually don't have all the answers this week, the folding fork tool and the drill are still unidentified, or at least unverified. Occasionally in my opening post I don't mention if I need help or not, but I will try to be more consistent with that in the future.

The rest of the answers along with an update (proof) of the metal disk from two weeks ago have been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Rob H. fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Got it! A burr! (been wrong so often I get a treat when I find one!)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2877 -- Guess: Looks like a small "cant hook" (for handling lumber). The round metal part would keep you from injuring your hand.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Rob H. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

2879 - This may be a tire plug tool but it's black, evil looking, and shoots things. I think we need to ban them...

Larry

Reply to
Larry