Some Serious SketchUp Stuff ...

I used Sketchup to build a $350K house before most folks could spell it, but this guy takes it to a new level:

With SU, I'm damned good ... this guy kicks it in the wazoo. (damned wannabe builder/architects, they get the opportunity to practice).

Reply to
Swingman

That was something!

Mart> I used Sketchup to build a $350K house before most folks could spell it,

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I used Sketchup to build a $350K house before most folks could spell it, but this guy takes it to a new level:

With SU, I'm damned good ... this guy kicks it in the wazoo. (damned wannabe builder/architects, they get the opportunity to practice).

I'm not sure if I love him or hate him :)

dadiOH

Reply to
dadiOH

No kidding ... there are about five videos in this "SketchUpVideo" series, each containing something/some way of using available features of the program that makes for a very efficient and cost effective method of work.

As an example, I love the way he uses the scrapbook feature of Layout as a container for construction document symbols and, most importantly, boiler plate _Specifications_ , something many architects fall short on in house plans.

I found out, when building with SketchUp a few years back, that 3D vignettes of structural and architectural details was very much welcomed by my subcontractors, as traditional 2D construction plans can be open to interpretation and anything that can crystallize the intention of the designer makes for a better job:

Swingman

See the location here. Unfortunately the house pictures aren't on the site. Maybe it hasn't been built to completion or has already been sold.

athiker

I wonder if this guy can do outdoor furniture ?

Reply to
Pat Barber

I didn't see his job description but I assume he has had a fair amount of class room work in design and architecture with a few degrees to go along with that.

I don't even understand some of the terms he is using but a very skilled guy.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Probably wouldn't even know how to get started! ; )

Reply to
Bill