Subject Author Posted Replies

Jointer expectations from the mill?
This question is somewhat rhetorical, but I'd like some confirmation that I'm not just being anal. I picked out some lumber from the mill for the first time last week and went to pick it up today. I...
85
85

Ottawa area woodworking machines FS
General Int 20" Bandsaw, General Int 15" planer, General Int 1" Chisel Mortiser, Delta 18" Drum Sander - make an offer. also nice older 6" Rockwell jointer - better made than a lot of the new machines...
1
1

Wood Noobie
Hi Guys, I'm trying to get my skills up with wood, and I've come across a small snag. I can pretty much get the wood to whatever shape I want, however I seem to be sweating blood to get these results....
2
2

help with a Dremel Model 732 Flex shaft
I have a Dremel Model 732 flex shaft rotary carver. The shaft heats up within 2 minutes to a point where I can no longer hold it. This in turn heats up the the hand piece. I changed the shaft and...
3
3

cutting list software
Does anyone use a cutlist program to help layout sheet goods, and if so, which one do you use? I am considering such a program and would like some input as to which one works well for the price....
3
3

Inlay Banding Source
I was looking around on the internet for a source of inexpensive inlay banding and ran across this guy: was skeptical because the prices were about 1/2 of most other places, but I took a shot and...

Sloppy shelf pin holes: Help
I am new at this so I don't know what to expect and I need some advice. I know that this is woodworking and not precision stuff where you want 0.001 inch tolerance but I am getting some really bad...
7
7

Bandsaw Hyjinx
The other day, I saw where someone had cooked up a router height gauge that used a dial indicator. I had to have one of these. So I figured this would be a great quick project that would use my...
6
6

Pocket Joinery in a humid environment
I'm building another aquarium stand for a 90 gallon tank. The previous stand was built with 2x4's using half lap joints and a plywood skin. I wanted to build the new stand (open top) using face frame...
11
11

Finish for oak?
--I'm building a gun carriage, circa 1850 or thereabouts, suitable for a sailing ship. I've made it out of oak and now it occurs to me that it will have to be grubby handprint-resistant. I don't want...
10
10

Selling some tools
I'm shamelessly plugging my craig's list entries: These are mostly small ryobi power tools: is a delta 22-560 lunchbox planer with an extra set of knives: sort of guessed at the prices. Some of them...
4
4

Are we this lazy?
I guess the market will decide but is this a product that is really needed? Batteries + Accessories
70
70

Advice needed: splined long miter joint?
I'm working on a piece for my father - a display case for a hand-built model train. This is my first "real" woodworking piece (other than shelves). I'm working with 1" thick walnut. The case has a...
5
5

Learned something new yesterday
Guy decides to use his router to plow some grooves in plywood instead of putting the dado blade on the TS. He needed the groove to be a hair over 3/4" so he put in a 5/8 bit and set the fence for the...
15
15

Should I lay folil between the old wooden floor and the new floor.
We're about to have a new floor fitted on the ground floor of our house. I recently removed the floor covering of linoleum and chipboard to reveal the original wooden floorboards. The new floor will...
4
4