Subject Author Posted Replies

Ransom Santa carving
I have several Ron Ransom Santa carvings listed on eBay - last day is tomorrow, Dec. 4.
1
1

Kreg Pocket Hole Jig Recommendation
Hi everybody, I'm looking for a recommendation on a good starting pocket hole jig kit. I've looked up the different models that Kreg offers, but I'm not sure how much I'd need to get started. The...
26
26

Clock veneer repair
Hi...I have a very old Welch column clock c 1865-70 that has one big nasty patch of veneer on the upper left hand side of the top (face)...it is about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long and it is the...
4
4

Where can I buy a stand up router table
Title says it all. I just bought a new router and now want a table. Not one of the short standing ones that u need to put on top of something to use. My dad has a craftsman table that is about 4' tall...
23
23

Chair name or pictures
Recently SWMBO came to me and declared, "I need you to build me a chair." I told her, "I'm not skilled enough yet to build anything like a Windsor chair, but I do have something in mind that I could...
4
4

Mitre Saw Add-On Fence Length
I am currently designing add-on fence 'wings' with measuring device (left and right) for my CMS. I have room up to 56" per side. Should I just make them 48" long as I am using T-slot extrusion for the...
4
4

Installing qtr round on a semi-circle?
After putting down hardwood floors recently, I'm covering the edges with a red oak quarter round. One area has a 14' half circle - it's a bow window area. What is the best way to install the quarter...
5
5

Jimmy Carter Woodworking Workshop on C-Spam2
Maybe he knows something about woodworking. He sure in the hell didn't know anything about being president.
19
19

Drywall skim.
Recently I installed 50+ 8'x4'x1/2" drywall boards in my basement. I wanted to do ALL the work on my basement finishing project. I taped, mudded and sanded all the joints and then primed everything...
16
16

Delta Model 36-979 + 30" Beisemeyer owner's manual error
Hi there, just something I ran into while assembling my new table saw. I recently purchased the Detla 36-979 table saw and 30" Beisemeyer fence from Lowe's. It is a far cry all around from the cheap...

PVA adhesive and non porous materials
I have just bought some PVA waterproof adhesive. It seems really good stuff, but specifically says on the tin that it is not good for gluing two 'non-porous' materials together if they are likely to...
7
7

Fein 636-1 RO Sander Again- What would you do?
A few of weeks ago I purchased a Turbo III and a Fein 636 6" RO Sander. I am very happy with the Turbo III. However, my experience with the sander has been less than good. The first one's handle...
2
2

Can This Furniture Be Divided?
I have a tall chest of drawers (6'-8 drawers). It's one piece and heavy and unweildy to move and was wondering if it can be seperated for moving. Tehre are 3 drawers on the bottom then sort of a lip...
4
4

Night Stands
My current project is a bedroom set, I'm working on the night stands right now. you can see what so far at , I haven't made very many drawers before and I'm undecided which way to go, cause I'm...
1
1

Reciprocating Saw are they good?
I was not able to resist the other day when I saw this made in China Compact Reciprocating Saw on sale at Canadian Tire with a three years warranty. I quickly realized when I saw the price of quality...
11
11