Grapefruit wood?

This wood is beautiful! I wonder what it's like to work with?

FoggyTown

Looks like spalted box elder. Without the red streak.

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

: This wood is beautiful! I wonder what it's like to work with?

:

FoggyTown

In general, citrus woods are quite hard and have quite even grain and little figure; nice for tool handles but bland looking. The spalting makes a huge difference.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss