Subject Author Posted Replies

PVC for air
If you are actually mounting a tire on a split rim you have the very real possibility of the ring coming off and causing damage. Additionally it is becoming less common to see split rim wheels and...
75
75

Grapefruit wood?
This wood is beautiful! I wonder what it's like to work with? Art of the Day Monday December 04, 2006. This week's theme is Functional Art. Today's piece is Grapefruit Wood Hollow Vessel - by Daniel...
2
2

Are scroll saws safe for youth?
Spring return rather than parallel arm, I take it?
32
32

Stain first or after?
I'm having a little problem trying to figure out if I should stain my window sills before install or after? Here's the issue... The windows all have a plastic wood return so that the new wood will...
10
10

Making band risers
Has anyone had any kind of experience building band risers? I've put some together over the years for a couple of different companies and have always be suprised of how easy they seem to be. I'm...
6
6

Mortising Attachments for drill presses - worth it???
I'm making a mission style coffee table and plan to do quite a bit of mortising. (spindles, stringers, etc) Are drill press mortising attachments all that great? Prices aren't that bad (approx. $50)...
11
11

New Woodworker in need of Tool Suggestions
Greetings, I am starting my woodworking hobby and looking to buy some tools. I own many of the basic hand tools necessary for any true craftsman and have had several years experience with them....
17
17

GOPICHAND
I am, therefore I think. Plans on how to make an Indian folk instrument known as gopichand or ektar)

INSPIRATION - Banjo
I figure this is more than enough info to make a banjo. JOAT I am, therefore I think. http://rutlandhs.k12.vt.us/jpeterso/banjo/make1.html

FRETLESS BANJO
I am, therefore I think. http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~dhavlena/make-bjo.htm

STELLA THE SWAN
For the advanced craftspeople. JOAT I am, therefore I think. http://www.wwtlearn.org.uk/index0.html?lesson_plans/stella_swan.htm&2 http://www.wwtlearn.org.uk/index0.html?lesson_plans/stella_swan.htm

Irwin Miter Saw Laser Guide
My Bosch sliding compound miter saw gets more use than just about any tool in my shop and it just got easier to use with the addition of an Irwin miter saw laser guide. I was prepared to be...
13
13

Jointech Smart Miter Jig
I saw the Jointech Smart Miter (JSM-48) at our wood show here in Detroit and was quite impressed. There are several very well thought out ideas incorporated in this jig. The one that is REALLY...
2
2

Rail and stile stock
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've had my base cabinets (or at least the carcases) for the new kitchen finished and installed for a few months. However, I haven't gotten around to milling the rail and...
23
23

16 ga. nail gun
I am looking at some 16ga. nail guns on ebay, and I see a lot of P/C FN250B and Bostich SB1664FN, and every know and then a Crapsman. which one do most of you use out there? I would like to see if...
13
13