Subject Author Posted Replies

wood filler
Have some very small gaps in joined wood I would like to fill. (Yeah I know I need a new joiner) What should I use for a filler? Wood is walnut and the finish will be tung oil ( no Stain) Looked at...
7
7

The new Kraftmaid Venicia Cabinet question.
I picked up a Kraftmaid catalog the other day after seeing a display of the Cabinets at Lowes. How do they put a coat on them that makes them look like they have a sheet of glass on the wood, they...
1
1

RE:Old guys were right
I've read and considered the Scary Sharp concept and it occurs to me that my tools are for wood working not shaving! I've wondered with a razor sharp edge, just how well they would hold up. So I too...
18
18

Ok--the old guys were right about sharpening
Well, I heard what was being said in the recent sharpening threads and realized that a lot of people were very right: years and years ago, before wet paper, before jigs, before everything, there were...
24
24

glue
What is the glue called that you spray on to temporarily hold a paper pattern to wood? Thanks
9
9

REVIEW - Leigh D1600 Dovetail Jig + Isoloc Templates - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
NEW REVIEW POSTED! "There is no denying that the most prominent name in dovetailing jigs is Leigh! Since the early '80s, Leigh have been manufacturing and retailing dovetailing jigs to woodworkers,...

TS3650 blade does not drop down far enough
I'm having trouble installing a zero clearance insert in my Rigid TS3650. I'm using a rigid titanium thin kerf blade and when I try to lower the blade and then set the insert in - the blade is a...
20
20

OT: Neither run Norwalk.
Goodness gracious, what a weekend. Thursday my dad was called by the hospital and told he couldn't go see my mother because the unit was shut to visitors due to a Norwalk outbreak. Norwalk is a very...
38
38

Latest foundry oil burner experiment
I have been fooling around with using oil as the fuel in my foundry furnace. Some of you may remember my experiments using a small paint gun as a burner for diesel fuel. A kind gent wrote to me and...

Water-based clear acrylic
Anyone know of a source for water-based clear spray acrylic?
2
2

new metal panel roof leaks...
Had a 30'x30' all metal garage built less than a year ago, and now the roof leaks. Leaks in at least 8 areas. Buildings less than a year old. Called the contractor, but his subcontractor forman and...
5
5

Oh good -21
Ahhh the feel of a Wisconsin
17
17

Shopmaster all-in-one tool
I saw a demo of a "Shopmaster" sometime last year at the local big-box home-improvement store, but cannot for the life of me find it on the internet. Apparently Delta now uses the trademark and others...
14
14

How easily should a spiral upcut bit plunge?
I bought a 3/8" spiral upcut bit to create mortises. While making a few trial cuts, it seems to me that the bit does not readily "drill" into the wood and there is usually some burning while plunging....
7
7

Source of Hardwood near B'ham, AL
We've just moved to Alabaster (south of b'ham) and I almost have my shop back in order. I've been searching for a good source of hardwood in the area (cherry, walnut, exotics even) that sells to the...
3
3