Subject Author Posted Replies

Homemade disk sander?
I have a 1/2 HP motor with a 1/2" shaft. I use it for all sort of purposes by attaching wire brushes, buffing wheels to it, etc. Also a diamond bringing wheel with diamond layer on the outer rim. What...
11
11

Suggestions for making a drawer organizer
All the drawers in my kitchen are without organization and look like an arial view of Dresden during the war. Non of the flatware drawer organizers that I've found seem to do the trick, and I would...
9
9

curio
I would like get your opinions. My father had treasure a woodbox for many years , and he said it has a long history of more than one hundrad year. It has some words on it " BLUE SEAL" " Pomade" "USA",...
1
1

Mac ??? Where are you.
G'day all, Just wondering if anyone has heard from Mac since his move South of the Border. Even his web page is no longer functional. regards John
3
3

Scroll saw secrets for making neat holes
I have a need to make neat round holes in plywood, from 1.75 to maybe 5-6 inches in diameter. That's not for a woodworking project, it is to make guides for plasma cutting. I have a relatively nice...
17
17

Craftsman Drill Press Problem
Hi! My old Craftsman drill press has a problem: it is suddenly very difficult to lower the bit (or should I say lower the quill?). Worked fine, then for no obvious reason I have lots of resistance in...
5
5

Fine woodworking
I am a subscriber to Fine woodworking's website. I am not able to log onto the site and trying to email the webmaster, it is rejected by the server as an unknown address. Anybody else having these...
2
2

Ebay Hacked Again - Passwords - Credit Cards?
as if an Ebay employee has unwittingly let a load of Ebay IDs and passwords escape onto the web, and Ebay are trying to cover it up under the guise of a 'phishing' scam. 1200 Pages of eBay IDs???...

nice price on Jorgy 50 clamps
Just thought I'd share this good deal @ Amazon: Mounts on any length 3/4” black pipe with both ends threaded (pipe not furnished) | Clamping capacity only limited by length of pipe used |...

Need some wood advice
Hi everyone, I am hoping that someone here might be able to give me some advice on a bathroom vanity that I recently purchased.. Anyway, to start with, this is it. problem is that the vanity is way to...
4
4

Why do chisels have to be sharp?
Why is it that whenever I read an article that describes using a chisel for something, the chisel always has to be "sharp"? "Clean out the mortise with a sharp chisel." "Square up the corners with a...
55
55

Question about coloring wood
Hi all, I want to dye some strips of wood to use as filler material for different things I am turning on a lathe. I am trying to get very bright colors like red, blue, green, yellow, and even maybe...
15
15

Tucker vise
I am in the process of designing a workbench and am planning on installing a Tucker vise on the front/left corner. Does anyone know if this vise can be installed with the rear jaw flush with the front...
3
3

Alkyd paint vs semi gloss latex on birch plywood?
I recently completed a storage unit made from birch plywood. Based on things I have read in this newsgroup in the past, I used an alxyd primer followed by two coats of semi-gloss alkyd paint. I found...
4
4

leg grain orientation....semantics?
Hiya, Working on my dresser project and just had a quick question. I couldn't find 12/4 cherry so I had to glue up 8/4 blanks into the legs and then mill to size. I figure I'll put the face grain...
8
8