Subject Author Posted Replies

Newbie questions about compressor and finish nailer....
I'm new here, but I have a few questions that it seems you all may be able to answer for me.... I did a search and came across some basics, but I want to make sure. I recently acquired a Porter Cable...
7
7

FS:Four woodworking books
Each of these paperbacks is in >mint< condition. The prices are 1/3 to 1/2 of new. Router Basics by Patrick Spielman $5.00 Router Handbook by " " $5.00 Making Elegant Custom Tables by Doug Stowe (a...

Wooden Platform Gazebo Bird Feeder Plan
HERE YOU WILL FIND A LARGE Gazebo Bird Feeder Plan. ENJOY
3
3

Newbie-classes?
Hi Scott, Since you are in Ohio, I would check out Ernie Conover's classes. I took a bowl turning class and learned quite a bit from him. He has a wide range of classes and some are weekend classes...
9
9

jointer question
Hope you all don't mind me posting 2 questions in a row, but they seem to hit me in waves. My jointer, only when edge jointing, not face jointing, has been producing little scallops along the cut. I...
8
8

table saw fence question
I have a craftsman contractor saw. Despite opinions on the brand, this particular saw was reviewed with high regard for its fence (given best in class in one mag the year I bought it, a few years...
14
14

The 'best' sealer/protection for a ber top
"I used spar varnish many years ago on some outdoor furniture and was pleased with the results."=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95= =95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95=95 If...
15
15

sanding epoxy...
I am planning on gluing up some picture frames with West epoxy with wood dust filler. How well does the squeeze out sand? I would just test it, but mixing up a small batch is a bit of a chore; so I am...
5
5

Router Table suggestions...
Hi, All, I'm getting a new router table for my birthday (Good wives are nice to find!) but don't know what to get. I have a Bosch 1617 router already, and am looking for just the table, or table with...
6
6

Creating a pointed tip
I have a rod of wood about 1cm in diameter. I want to create an angled tip on it, but need it at certain angles, eg 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, etc, for testing purposes. I'm not sure how to do this at the...
3
3

Material for homebuilt cabinets?
I'd love to have someone else do the doors, the drawers, and the bases for that matter! :) I really don't look forward to the next couple of weeks, since I'm essentially working three jobs. The...
42
42

Dewalt nailers (or others??)
Folks, Can someone tell me the difference between the Dewalt 51844 and the 51845 air drive nailers? (These are the full head, 20degree models). About the only difference I can see is the color of the...
6
6

Boeshield
I just go t a new tablesaw. It has a cast ion top were my old one was aluminum. Using paste wax on the old one made it extremely slick. The new one doesn't seem to take to it as well. Actually, after...
15
15

Opinions on urethane (Gorilla) glue
It seems that most major marketers of wood glues are now selling their own brand of urethane glue. I've used Gorilla Glue for a number of small repairs and have generally been pleased with the...
8
8

Completed Shuffleboard table
Hello all, For pictures of the completed shuffleboard table follow the link below: plays great! If anyone is interested in making one just let me know and I will give you the drawings that I made. See...
6
6