Subject Author Posted Replies

AIR LINES
I was into a Amish window factory the other day and their air lines caught my eye. They used 3" PVC pipe for all their air lines suspended from the ceiling with supports and T's with snap couplers at...
44
44

Biesemeyer fence?
Does Biesemeyer still make a rip fence drilled for older Craftsman table saws? Or is the hole pattern for Delta saws the same as for the Craftsman? I have an old flexishaft driven Craftsman (possibly...
9
9

Conclusion to my "OOOPS!" Bandsaw Dilemma
Hey All, My welder friend was able to weld a steel rod onto the tip of the broken alignment pin to make a slap hammer and with some heating and slapping the hammer portion (steel pipe with a washer)...

Can twist be removed from carved panels?
My wife has been carving 2 16x32" panels made from 7/8" cherry that was air dried to
2
2

Delta 14" Bandsaw Dust Collection and Carter Guides
Just installed a set of Carter guides on my Delta 14" bandsaw and found that the Delta dust-collection duct (after-market add-on, not the vacuum cleaner hose connector) no longer fits. It looks like...
9
9

Stots Dovetail Master Template
At $39 it looks tempting but is it useful and relatively easy to use? The site with the older gent who reviews tools and, I believe, has a couple of female shop assistants did a two page review. He...
3
3

Ping Charlie Self
Charlie, When will your new book "Make Your On Walking Sticks" be available?
4
4

Showcase 2007
It's time for my club's annual woodworking show in Saratoga Springs, NY. The club is the Northeastern Woodworkers Association. March 24 & 25, 2007 Saturday 10:00 - 5:00 Sunday 10:00 - 5:00...

Brought Powermatic 1150 drill press home
strong gentleman who was picking up his own stuff that he won in that auction, helped me load it into my pickup. At home, I easily unloaded it myself. It weighed about 350 lbs, but nicely balanced on...
13
13

Sale on Forstners
Hi Frank, I think that's likely what I'll do. I didn't bother getting them because of what some folks had said just looking at the CTC site. But as someone mentioned, earlier and as you've said,...
8
8

New Inexpensive Dovetail Jig
I just received a new dovetail jig I ordered at a recent show. It is called a ChestMate and appears to be manufactured by a company called Prazi USA. It worked great at the show. Don't know how it is...
6
6

OT Shop dog pics on a.b.p.w
The new shop dog is now 4 months old and adjusting well to the noisy shop. A couple of pics posted at a.b.p.w.
1
1

Re: Selecting Machines For A Home Shop
All that for a home shop? I'd have a nearly used up CNC knee mill, and a medium lathe. Throw in a bench grinder, a vice, a vertical and horizontal bandsaw, a tig welder, and a torch. With some decent...
22
22

WW tool stores in Portland OR. open on Saturday
Is there any good woodworking tool stores in Portland, OR that is open on Saturday. (I know about Woodcraft and Rockler.) Thanks Marv
1
1

bridgewood jointer
have an opportunity to pick one of these up, slightly used. 3 years old, the 8"model 220V. Looked around on the 'net but didn't find a real good price point suggestion. What would y'all venture it's...
5
5