Subject Author Posted Replies

Portable Sawmills in Philadelphia
My neighbor had a cedar tree cut down. T'was a surprise to everyone on the block (including me, who benefitted from the tree's shade). Without a whole lot of considersation, I talked the tree guys...
7
7

cutting accurate 30 degree miters
So I need to cut accurate 30 Degree miters in 2.5 x 12" old growth red cedar for a hexagon top I'm making. each piece will be 30" long. what's the best way to set up my tablesaw and ensure that I get...
18
18

Favorite tool
I protect my favorite tool with my life. My Hands With out them my shop & tools would be of no value. A good hand saw ( the first tool my dad gave me 60 & I still use it. Keep your fingers Leave a...

New Shop!
After 7 years of my parents parking in the driveway and 21 years of my wife parking in the driveway all so I could use the garage for a shop. I am finally getting a shop of my own with no bikes, lawn...
12
12

Question about insulating shop
I recently built a new garage/shop. Being in northern Illinois, it occasionally gets cold here in the winter, so I'm going to insulate it. There is a second floor with an area that if I built a 3 foot...
15
15

Dresser Side Panel Question
I am going to make my panels for my walnut dresser from solid lumber (no ply). The panels will measure 21" long X 15 3/4" wide. Will 1/4" thick panels be sufficient or will they be too flimsy? They...
9
9

PLAN - human powered hydrofoil
As JOAT would say, it's made of wood! This is way too cool...
6
6

quad sander update.
I'm not sure what to say about that bad boy sander. ('s quiet and awesome and F A S T. This finish: 1/2 hour. Worth every penny. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Sonora.jpgin...
7
7

Sliding miter saw
I am giving my very small workshop a "sprucing up" this weekend. Part of the spruce up is putting in a miter table. right now I use a 10" single bevel miter saw that is ok but that's it -- ok. I am...
1
1

houston hardwood
Just curious, I would like to know where you folks, in Houston, feel is the best place is to buy hardwood? I have shopped at Clark's hardwood (formally Hardwoods of Houston) and Houston Hardwoods. I...
4
4

File handles for scrapers - wedge holes and ferrules
Hello all, I've got 15 or so older way scrapers that I've cleaned up (straighten/ polish/sharpen) and I'd like to make wood handles for them. Way scrapers are used to remove metal from machine slides...
6
6

Man-dar hit in Boulder
Ok, so I'm North of Denver on business this week and have a few hours to kill before my flight home. My coworker and I decide to drive to Boulder. We heard it was picturesque and needed to grab some...
7
7

Suitable Rough Saw
I have some old floor boards and fence posts which I want to cut up to burn in a stove. Would an ordinary reciprocating saw with a demolition blade or a DeWalt alligator saw be better for this job?
5
5

Home Depot Plywood Quality
There's no point to this message, other than I need to vent somewhere... :) I'm building a new entertainment center and just bought three sheets of 3/4" birch plywood and one sheet of 1/2" birch...
192
192

REVIEW - Veritas Iron Edge Plane - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi All, I have just finished a review of the Veritas Iron Edge Plane. You can read it online at Hope it helps! Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think of power tools, it seems...