You May Now Officially Hate My Son - Table Saw Find

That's the theory. In practice, it's easier to train oneself to

*never* do something than "it's OK, except...". I can feel it if I screw up, long before I get into trouble.
Reply to
krw

In my professional life I had to constantly be mindful of potential conflicts of interest as well as the appearance of improper conduct. A very wise mentor taught me early on, "If I have to give serious thought to whether or not any action by me would be a conflict of interest or considered improper, I simply assume that it would be either or both and I just don't do it."

That can easily be transferred to every day life in the woodshop and elsewhere. On nearly every occasion that I deviated from sound safety practices and paid a price, I had that nagging thought before I did it that asked, "are you sure this is safe. . .?" Turns out that often it was not. ;-)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

That was one of the things I told my son while were discussing his need to learn about the saw before he starts using it.

"If you are thinking to yourself 'This just doesn't feel right', then it probably isn't."

It sounds like you waited a little too long to make that decision. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

[snip]

Guilty as charged, but haven't we all? Fortunately, all I lost was a fingernail that got smacked really good.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused