Yet more BORG Plywood

Was in Home Depot last night in Fort Smith, Arkansas to see if they had any of the 14 ply plywood that has been talked about on another thread. Of course they didn't but they did have some 4 X 8 sheets of knotty pine plywood. Don't recall having seen this before. It may be a one time thing since it wasn't even placed in a rack but was just sitting out in the isle on a temporary stand and there were only about 8 sheets of it. Unfortunately it was $77.00 a sheet. Is this commonly available? Mike in Arkansas

Reply to
JMWEBER987

My local borg had a shipment of 3/4" Maple Plywood, plain sawn on one face and rotary on the other, not too bad looking either. The are asking $25.00/sheet (48x96). I may pick up a few sheets only because the price seems right. BTW, I am in the Pittsburgh area.

-- Al Reid

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." --- Mark Twain

Reply to
Al Reid

Consider yourself fortunate, they want $29 and change here for the stuff, that is up about a buck from the ;last shipment they had, but they let me pick out 5 sheets that were near "perfect"! BTW, I am in the SW Louisiana area.

Reply to
SwampBug

Is this the stuff they call sanderply? I just picked up a sheet the other day. It was marked $32 in the rack but rang up at $29. The bar code sticker said both birch and maple.

jw

No it isn't, Sandply may be priced higher, i prefer the 'maple'. The maple is slightly warmer. Careful tho, the face ply is VERY thin, sand gently or you will blow right thru it.

Reply to
SwampBug

I saw this today at HD for $27.79. On the Roseburg tag it reads Maple/Birch. On the HD display it reads Maple. Maybe one side Maple and the other Birch? Would this be OK for a kitchen cabinet carcass?

Reply to
klaatu