Yet another electrical question on a WW tool

Now you've done it, bozo. I now have this image of Tiny Tim and his ukelele firmly imprinted. Grumble. Snort.

Reply to
jo4hn

Tiny Tim's TipToe is like 220 to small world's 110 - more power in the same sized package.

Reply to
clare

Or: Roll her over in the clover, do it again."

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

------------------------------------------ Roll me over, lay me down and do it again.....

Lew

------------------------------------------------------------------- Or: Roll her over in the clover, do it again."

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Update on my GFI issue. Recap: Jointer kept popping GFI outlet. Got lots of good advice here but life got in the way and I wasn't able to resolve t he problem until after Christmas.

I pulled the motor out of the unit. I cleaned it but it actually had very little dust buildup. I connected it (without the original switch) to a GFI circuit and it ran without any problem.

I then took the switch apart. It was set up so it broke the connection of both the black wire and white wire. I bought the jointer set up for 120 VA C and ran it that way but I guess the switch was wired that way so you coul d re-wire for 240 VAC. The switch had two contactors (one for each wire) t hat looked like the points I used to have in my car back when I understood how to work on my car. They were both in bad shape. I filed and sanded th e contacts with the intention of reusing the switch but, when I attempted t o reassemble the switch, I broke it enough to make repair impractical. Thu s I replaced the original switch with this one (actually, the same switch m anufacturer):

After a little extra work (switch didn't fit in a standard electrical box j ust as the reviews warned), I was back in business.

Bottom-line: The old switch caused the GFI outlet to pop.

Thanks again for all the input from the "rec",

Bill Leonhardt

everything to except the big machines. They are 20 amp (120VAC)circuits wi th 12 gauge wire. Each circuit starts with a GFCI outlet and then a chain of normal outlets. All outlets are 20 amp.

a few years. It's been lightly used with no prior problems.

hat 1/64 per pass. After a bit, the GFI would pop. Thinking this might be the GFCI outlet, I connected the jointer to the second circuit. Same prob lem. The only other piece of equipment running was the DC which is on a se parate 240VAC circuit.

the panel and the second outlet (jointer) is about 8-10' from that.

ver off, the motor was barely warm. No dust buildup either since I have th is connected to my DC.

th of cherry without incident. The piece I was working on was a piece of t he leftover maple.

ker? Also, what would I look for with respect to the cause. I bought the jointer new 8 or 9 years ago and it has been lightly used.

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt