Workshop temperature ?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:39:20 -0800, the inscrutable mac davis spake:

At times, though, I wish the shop were the house size. I need to get rid of those wooden boxes, and the old compressor, and build cabinets for my tools, ad nauseum. It's about time to build a finishing shack, too.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

umm hmm.. I keep trying to get the wife to agree to add the family room (one doorway away) to the shop.. it would make a great finishing room.. and she does most of the finishing!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

RE: Subject

Do all my woodworking outside on a year around basis here in SoCal.

Right about now, ducking the rain drops is a little higher priority than sunshine.

It is raining as this is being typed, has been raining for 2 days, forecast calls for rain evry day thru at least next Wednesday.

Time for rainy day activities.

Quack. Quack. Quack. Quaaaack.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I find that it's easier to get enthusiastic about expanding the facilities when I actually finish a project.

But getting something done clears up shop space, and the apparent need is reduced.

Patriarch, hoping to move two projects out this weekend

Reply to
Patriarch

Yeah, you said it. I know I already said it too, but I'm saying it again. It's nothing for it to get hotter than 120 F out there in the *spring*.

I really need some windows or something. My fan just ain't cuttin' it, but A/C is definitely not in the cards. Not enough power, and not enough room in the panel for any new breakers, which also eliminates the possibility of doing a subpanel. It would cost me a flat out fortune to put A/C in my shop, and it's not worth it.

The only way I could justify it is to make some money at this stuff, but when people want $187 worth of wood and $1 worth of glue and $30 worth of hardware and 100 hours of labor for $100....

Reply to
Silvan

My shop is in the basement and is usually in the mid 50s in the winter. But then again, I keep the house in the low 60s when I'm home. Nice thing about Titebond III is that it's good to use down to

  1. I did add a kerosene heater last m>Dan Valleskey wrote:
Reply to
Jim K

No he's not. If that guy lived in the Pacific Northwest he'd have to be entirely too close to Larry Jaques. That's no neener at all. I'm sure the OP quoted above would agree.

Reply to
Silvan

[[.. munch ..]]

I believe the obligatory comment is: "You duck!"

*groan*
Reply to
Robert Bonomi

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:17:16 -0500, the inscrutable Silvan spake:

Pfffffffffffffffffffft! Spoilsport water heater installer.

P.S: The quote above with >>> was my text. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In TN, I had the shop in the garage and it was stifling--no windows, no side door. I cut a couple of windows into the end wall and installed blocking to hold to square window fans pointing out but so the windows could still be closed....Pulled enough air through to at least keep it habitable for not much bucks....

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Yeahbut the only place I can put windows is where I just put all those new shelves. Sigh.

Oh well. My shop is pretty much closed again anyway. No inspiration has taken hold of me, and I have grown weary of sharpening and tuning and cleaning things that I have no particular use for at the moment. The only project I have in mind to do is a project that requires jiggage I can't be bothered to build right now, so I'm kind of left empty and unmotivated.

Oh well, I'll get inspired eventually. I always do. In the meantime, I'm going to stop wasting electricity keeping the lights above freezing out there.

Reply to
Silvan