Workbench Plans

Hi, Been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have found the posts most interesting and helpful.

I am planning on doing some "not too expensive" cabinets for my garage and find that I am in need of a simple but sturdy workbench. Is/are there some websites where I can download "free" plans for workbenches? I will eventually buy a circular table saw and will be building a wheeled table for the saw.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

This sounds like what your looking for...

brian_j_roth

I would suggest investing in a copy of "The Workbench Book" by Scott Landis. Several plans from simply to "holy smokes!" and lots of valuable info on building, vises, dogs, etc. Go to

for good prices on used ones. buena suerte, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I'll give a hearty second to that recommendation! Excellent book. Andy

Reply to
Andy

Plans and advice, like everything else, are usually worth what you pay for them.

That said, take a look at the NYW site.

Norm did a couple of shows on converting a garage into a shop while still being able to coexist with a car.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

I checked that book out from my library and it was interesting--but seemed to be directed at seasoned woodworkers. I bought a book today called, "Build Your Own Custom Workbench" by Mark Corke, which seems to be aimed at those of us with more modest needs. It is available at amazon.com at a very low price. Lots of pictures and several different benches and some other projects (like a grinding bench/table). I love this site..I think this is my first post.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill

Many thanks to all that replied to my request. I will consider all and decide on the most convenient and cost effective (one of my old habits from my auditing days).

Many thanks,

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman