Woodworking school recommendations wanted.

Hi - I have a sabatical coming up and thought about going to a woodworking school to hone my skills / take them up a notch. I do functional stuff and have built most of the case goods in my house. Not into Chippendale, 19th Century ... 'fancy' stuff. I like Greene and Greene style. I'd like to take a poll and get recommendations for and against any schools the community has experience with. I'm looking for something 1 - 2 weeks long and would consider any part of the country. TIA for recommendations.

Reply to
me

Dear me,

Wow, you have your pick if anywhere in the country!

Marc Adams, College of the Redwoods, American Sycamore are the more formal schools that might have short programs.

Then there are individuals - Dave Marks, Patrick Warner are two that I know have instructional classes or one/on/ones. There are others.

You need to figure out your needs - what new thing do you want to learn (dovetail joinery, french polishing, chair making, etc.)? Figure on your budget (including hotel room, meals, air/car fare). Then you can do a search.

Take whatever suggestions you get and balance them out with your parameters of what I suggested and get going!

For me, there's nothing better than one/on/one or a specific class on a tool (table saw, router, etc).

Good luck!

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

This organization has shown an increasing presence at the various woodworking shows I've attended in recent years, and taking some time out to attend one of their classes is on my long list of to-dos:

've been to their facility for their annual crafts fair:

it was a very enjoyable experience; I don't doubt that their woodworking classes would be just as enjoyable.

Reply to
Steve Turner