Woodworkers Showcase and Totally Turning, Saratoga Spring, NY

Reminder, these events occur this weekend!

John Grossbohlin

meant to ask how the events went

seems like you are all organized well

are many sales made at these events

Reply to
Electric Comet

BTW those show some real real talented and imaginitive artisans

really beautiful works

was going to say they are humbling but it's more just awe

Reply to
Electric Comet

We've sort of got it figured out this being the 24th annual Showcase! By all reports the show and educational events all went very well. Next year, being the 25th year, some new things are under discussion as additions to the show. I'm looking forward to it!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

everyone that reads this group should look at the works

are any of the demonstrations recorded and available online

Reply to
Electric Comet

I know some of the lectures I gave over the years were recorded, as well as others, but I don't believe they were ever posted to the web... (interesting idea though). The videos are kept in our library.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

yes some have capitilized putting them online youtu.be

maybe you can monetize them and help fund your events or do you already and I missed that

lot of conferences routinely record the talks and then post them

at more informal conferences the anecdotal information gleaned from the talks can be real good

not always possible to go the conferences for a lot of people due to time, money, etc..

Reply to
Electric Comet

looking at the turners you had there were some big names in there and some amazing work

i didn't know some of those things were possible to do on a lathe the hollow stuff defies logic at first glance

but it's good to know that i have plenty of room to grow

god help me i think i need a new lathe though well not new but bigger

Reply to
Electric Comet

That is one of the pitfalls to our groups... Coveting thy associates' tools. ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Not so much the tools, but the ability and capability. If you want to turn Urns that are 36" in diameter, one has to want something else than his bench-top. So the early guys designed theirs.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

it is inevitable part of any craft just don't covet their spouse

Reply to
Electric Comet

what's the difference

that's a big urn

i do recall seeing a 5' bowl turned at a convention the fellow looked a bit nervous i never saw the final bowl

Reply to
Electric Comet