Woodpeckers does it again.

I have to laugh, got this in the mail today.

I have this tool from the 1970's Woodpeckers AngleSquare MultiTool. While not annodized, it was about $10 back then. The patent has surely run out. It's either a Craftsman or some other brand... I'll look when I get home.

So now you can have it for the price of $139.. Is it that great... NOOOOOO. I used to use it.. I haven't in years.

Reply to
woodchucker

I can just see a framing crew pulling that out. ;~)

Here is a funny one, The Magic Square!

Leon

Thanks that was a good laugh.

Reply to
woodchucker

Mine was called a "Squangle" and I was using it up until a few years ago, when I took it apart to make a jig or something.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I've got that one too. It was my Dad's. Not sure what he bought it for. I have occasionally found it handy, although it is clearly not the epitome of precision engineering.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

I have something similar (not red, not 9" long). Cost me about $4 at True Value. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I think they're running out of ideas.

Reply to
krw

Yep, that's the name of mine too if I remember.

Reply to
woodchucker

I have two carpenter square will all that info and such, no adjustable angle, but a couple of stop accomplish the same thing.

Reply to
Markem

I am beginning to think it is called "Woodpeckers" for a reason. Maybe it is the bubble level that added an extra 100+ dollars to the price.

Loved that Magic Square video.

One of the disclaimers: "Unplug Magic Square before adjusting".

That one is already off to one of my cabinet making buddies.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I do have a bunch of Woodpeckers stuff but I often think they're trying to see just how far they can push it. My favorite was the doweling jig that cost half as much as a Domino.

Reply to
krw

I think that Woodpeckers has some good stuff but they probably can't keep the doors open if they decide to just make story sticks and expensive speed squares.

Is there another tool you find useful that Woodpeckers makes?

Their one time tools really take the cake. There is probably a good reason that they only make them one time. ;~)

Your like the doweling jig, I like the dowel maker for probably 1,000 times more expensive than what you can buy a dowel for.

The parallel guide system looked to be pretty good for a track saw and a better price than the Festool version.

Reply to
Leon

Their sadle squares and corner radius jigs are very nice. I really like their stainless pocket rules, too. Expensive, but I wouldn't trade 'em.

Some are quite nice. Some are expensive but still nice. Many others are just silly.

The parallel guide is nice, though it clashes with Festool green. ;-) I also have one of their carpenter squares to square up the track. The Festool track angle thingy simply sucks.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, I forgot to mention the radius jigs but Rockler now offers their own versions for about 1/4 the price. I got my saddle square from Lee Valley, Veritas.

Reply to
Leon