Wood worm

I know a family in California that had their house completely covered by a "tent", with chemicals pumped in, to clear the insects (termites, I think) which had taken tenancy in the kitchen. It was successful.

Reply to
Bill

That is very true for subterranean termites. Drywood termites will open surface holes to kick out frass or droppings, then cover them up again to maintain humidity. The filled hole will have the raw wood color. I have seen an active frass-hole in drywall, and witnessed the cover-up.

Subterranean termite frass is usually caked in their excavated cavities. Drywood termite frass is dry and pelletized. Borer larva frass is also pelletized but usually larger pellets (depending on their size). Fine lightweight (airborne) sawdust can be byproduct of tunneling by any of these or even a Carpenter bee. Scott

Reply to
ScottWW

with large pieces with thicker wood it is good to go more than a few hours depends on the wood type too

some wood has better insulative properties than other.

i bake all my wood turning wood for multiple hours at 135 degrees

Reply to
Electric Comet

One just doesn't put a canister inside and let some gas out. The house tent is pressurized with very lethal gas.

They do the same thing in Tractor trailers holding wood made furniture and then attach a certificate of protection.

If a wood bear or table or what is sold. It goes into the tank of gas.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

replying to swalker, Traveler wrote: We also purchased a large armoire from Nadeau and it was infested with powder post beetles. Sent a sample of the "bugs" and the sawdust to NC State Entomology dept to confirm. Nadeau did take the piece back and give us a full refund. Sad though because we really liked this piece. We shopped there again this time with more knowledge of what to look for and saw a piece in their store with signs of infestation. The employees denied that this was what we were seeing when we pointrd out sawdust and exit holes. They said it was the way the piece was stained and aged. That was enough for us to leave.

Reply to
Traveler