Wood Planing Under the Microscope - Japanese Woodworking - YouTube

not using a microscope here when planing and far as i know no one has put a microscope on the final product

guess they could but then again what would be the point

Reply to
Electric Comet

That's what I wondered.

Then those website shots of the finished grain. Point?

Is this device meat to improve the finish on less decorative woods (unlike birds-eye, curly, etc). We seem to be running out of the more decorative woods and/or tone woods, like birch and rosewood. Making lesser woods more visually attractive seems like a worthy goal. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

guess i am not there yet

getting things done is good enough for me but maybe some day

Reply to
Electric Comet

This machine eliminates the need to finish sand.

Reply to
Leon

On Oct 21, 2016, Leon wrote (in article):

That?s the point, actually.

The intent is not just to reduce work. The reason is that the wood finish is more beautiful and clear if the surface is cut cleanly, versus abraded into mush with sandpaper. Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I know!

As I said , the machine eliminates the need to finish sand.

Reply to
Leon