Wood Gloat

I was at an auction site picking up two file cabinets that I bought yesterday. 4 drawer cabinets designed for 3"x5" index cards (three rows per shelf). I will use these to store hardware. Driveby gloat at $35 apiece.

As I loaded the cabinets, I looked at the dumpster and saw a discarded tabletop shuffle board game. A closer look showed that it was a piece of laminated hard maple. I got it home and it is 23" X 98" X 1.75" and it is heavy. One side has a small hunk ripped out but the bottom is perfect. The top has one of the extremely thick bar top type finishes that is scratched. However, I will strip the finish and then find a shop with a wide belt sander. Sand both sides and I will have a perfect benchtop.

Not bad for dumpster diving in a non-Olympic year.

Reply to
David B. Chamberlain