Wood Floor install, busicut the butts or not?

Buscuit butt joints of wide pine boards? Or not?

I'm about to lay 700 sq feet of 8 & 12 inch red pine and it was recommended to buscuit the buts. I was not going to, thinking that face nailing would be enough. Now I'm thnking that I'd like more opinions.

Opinions?

John

Reply to
John

I usually feel safer overestimating fastenings, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that using buscuits were a bad idea in floors. I can't remember why, although I suspect it has something to do with each board expanding and contracting induvidually.

-john

Reply to
John

recommended

23 years and counting, and my pine floors which are simply face nailed with cut nails are still laying just fine. I wouldn't bother with the added fuss of biscuits or any other added fastener system.
Reply to
Mike Marlow

Don't glue. Might help with crowning.

Reply to