Wood burning

Hello, I was wondering if some one can point me in the right direction for this. I an new at doing and I have found I really love it. But would like to find a group or place on the net I can learn from. Any help would be great.

Dawn

Reply to
Dawn Cherni

Well, back when I was doing it I generally cut the wood into 16" chunks for the living room stove or into 36" chunks for the basement stove (when we had it), and split some of it into smaller pieces while leaving some of it as a log. Just chucked it into the stove and let it burn. Oh wait - you're talking about the "other" kind of woodburning... Don't know a thing about it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

If you are talking about "sketching" and the likes in wood, you can go to any walmart or craft store and get a starter kit. They will give you some patterns as well as pointers, and will surely get you more interested. I used to get the kits when I made clocks for people, it was cheaper, that is until I found out about chainsaws lol :-) Back on your topic though, on the net you can Google it, it is full of great ideas

and also find out its called pyrography. Good luck

Reply to
Clif

You may have some luck by following up with some local wood carver groups. Often, wood carvers use high end wood burning tools. I know my father-in-law wood burns all the time and he's right into carving.

Brian

Reply to
B Man

Hi, Dawn,

Do a Google search on "Pyrography". You'll find plenty of information and inspiration.

HTH

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

"Dawn Cherni" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@visn.net:

You might have found these sites by "googling", if not here are some that will help you gain entry into the world of Pyrography(woodburning).(G)

one next on is called the Pyrography museum...lots of info.
out this Pyrography(woodburning) group on Yahoo, lots of info from pros here. Just use you web broser to reach the Yahoo groups and then search for the following. uniting_pyrographers · Global Pyrographers - I.A.P.A.

Check the ezine on woodcarving on this web site, it has a very informative column each issue on Pyrography(woodburning), make sure you look at the back issues.

GJP