Wheels for Motorcycle

I have a plan to build a small motorcycle for the Grandchildren. I was going to make a rocking horse but the motorcycle is just too cool. I got the plans from Armour Craft out of New York. The plans show how to make the wheels out of wood but I thought it would be easier and would look better if I used actual wheels. Does anyone have any idea where I could get small 10 in. Diameter wheels? It would be nice if they looked as close as possible to real motorcycle wheels.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jim

Reply to
Jim Jacobs

MikeG

Children's bicycle wheels would work.. they get down to really small sizes...with 'mag'-wheel looks and spokes.. Try a local Goodwill, where a lot of stuff like that gets donated. Fresh coat of paint, way you go

BUT!! I think it takes away from the whole idea of a 'wooden' play-thing.

Reply to
Robatoy

Tricycle wheels ?

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Some places that sell 'baby chariots', those high-tech baby carriages inluding some that are pulled behind bicycles, sell replacement wheels that would be about the right size.

REI (Recreational Equipement Incorporated) does.

Reply to
fredfighter

What about lawnmower wheels? Some of them have spoked rear wheels, if that's what you're looking for. Google lawnmower replacement parts. Also,

a really inexpensive tire/wheel - and northerntool.com has a large variety of "low-speed" wheels for tractors, wagons, etc. Good luck, Andy

Reply to
Andy