What would you price it at?

I bought a new Unisaw at Woodcraft this weekend and will be getting rid of my Powermatic 64A. I've had it for about 3 years and bought it new. It has the 52" fence and the PALS system on it. I also have the mobile base. The only thing that I've done was to take the router lift off the extension table and put it my own router table so it does have a hole in it where that used to be but I've got some Lexan so I'll probably fill it before I sell it. I've got about $1,300 in it. What do you think I should ask for it?

And I don't want prices where the next week I see a GLOAT posted about it!

Reply to
D Steck

On Mon 24 Oct 2005 06:39:18p, "D Steck" wrote in news:5bf7f.13797$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga:

I've been hunting for used tools around Madison WI for years now. What I've learned is, if I had a 3 year old tool that cost me about 1300 to put together, I'd put it up for sale for 1500. I'd probably sell it within a week. And they'd come and pick it up themselves.

That's the kind of people I'm competing with for used tools. This stinks.

What I'd price it for in YOUR neighborhood, I have no idea.

Reply to
Dan

A few years back, I sold a Jet contractor's saw for about what I paid for it new, 6 years earlier. This was to the first caller to my ad. My cell phone was ringing with additional buyers as we were loading it into his truck.

I've rarely bought anything used, as I can do better carefully shopping locally at places like Coastal and Tools-Plus. Apparently, the people buying used tools around here have never been to either store.

Reply to
B a r r y

Around here used woodworking equipment sells for about half of the current retail value. A bit more if it is perfect; rather less if it is in poor shape. However it sells immediately, which suggests maybe it should go for rather more.

On the other hand, stuff sells at auctions for truly stupid prices. I saw a rusty 4" jointer sell for $150 and 12" bandsaw in poor condition go for $200.

Assuming it is perfect, my guess is that (here anyhow) you could sell it for $700 immediately, and maybe $1,000 if you were willing to hang onto it for however long it took.

Reply to
Toller