What to do with some salvaged 3/4" slate?

I assume there's different types of slate. Would a pool table need harder slate or slate less likely to chip?

Reply to
Upscale

That, and more. I believe there are issues with moisture content, stability and others. You can get the whole (marketing-related) story at:

Kevin P. Fleming

Hehe ... know the feeling. Spent a good part of my youth playing straight pool to supplement my income ... practiced straight pool for hours on end on a snooker table, using regular balls.

When the money went down, the regulation table, and the bigger pockets, were a piece of cake ... and the coin operated bar tables looked and felt like a bumper table.

Reply to
Swingman