What to do with short cutoffs?

There ya go. "Sell 'em on Ebay, you'll be rich!"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Are these Eastern Aromatic Red Cedar? If so, you can put hanger hooks on them (some of the online woodworking/craft stores sell those with screw threads on the shanks) for people to hand in their closets.

Or it can be used for lining drawers and closets.

And, as usual, Google is our friend, using those two words as search terms we find:

fredfighter

I stand corrected, sir! BTW, in addition to being opaque, I'm also obtuse. :)

Hey - maybe the OP could do an intarsia of those two pictures with his short cutoffs. lol

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

I'm happy to be vaguely trapezoidal, thanks. "It beats 'rotund' any day." he sleekly opined.

One never knows

Say, did you know that your initials are backwards, too?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

{minor snippage}

Blame it on my dyslexic parents! :)

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

I just realized I've got a plant stand made of cedar sticks. They're maybe

3/4" square, so you could laminate two of yours to get the same thing. This stand has a maximum height of about 3', but you could find away around your 24" limit easily.

Make little square shelves by laying the strips across two others, and leave gaps between them as wide as the strips are thick.

Choose your longest ones as legs, and make several different heights. Join the legs together by screwing the shelves to them. Put them all at different levels for style. This should use up a lot of your offcuts really fast.

I wish I could have found a picture for you. You'd know instantly what I'm trying to describe.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Cedar is great for compost bins. You might be able to sell a few to a local nursery. Plenty of designs on the net, just google for plans.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

I had some tropical randomwood offcuts given to me from a decking project. The longest were about 14" long max. After having the stack of a dozen keep falling over and annoying me, I used them up by making this:

Andy Dingley

Pencil boxes and Jewelry boxes.

Reply to
fredfighter

I do mainly jewelry boxes and other small boxes so I always find it amusing when people think that a "short" cutoff that's longer than anything I ever use is only good for firewood :) You guys don't wanna know how small a cutoff has to be for me to toss it.

These are on the workbench atm:

boxes make great gifts. Need practice doing handcut dovetails? There you go.

Or plane the backs and send em to me ;)

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I don't know what it might be called in your area, but there are schools for those with severe learning difficulties where they teachs simple wood craft. Give it to them for their projects.

Reply to
Guess who

load the first page. Wow. The second link, though, puts my sig into a whole new light...

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Now do a close zoom of the center of the pic. All the blood will rush from your (top) head for some reason.

I have the original series of 5 pics and the last one is a terrific ending...if she simply -had- to be clothed, that is. It's a very close-up shot of her, erm, tailfins. (Yes, I'd kiss her butt. Any time. Send her over!)

obww: We got wood!

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques