What is treen?

I always thought that treen was the word touse for small turned wooden objects. I have seen and heard it lately referring to any wooden object whether turned or not. One dictionary defines treen as "anything made entirely from wood". A treen book case? Don't think so. Or am I being a fussy old purist about it?

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

I keep seeing the word "treen" used in conjunction with kitchen ware. Of course, it is used as "treen ware".

you know how the dictionary is these days... just about anything goes.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

That describes Al Gore.

Reply to
Lee K

Its anything worked in wood,look up *treen antiques* you'll find a host of antique wooden objects. But mostly associated with wooden boxes.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Green tween?

Reply to
Locutus

If it's made out of a tree, it's treen.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Reply to
nospambob

What ever tool they're trying to sell? I've seen treen tables and several places sell special treen mandrels for lathes... Spin any good tables lately? *g*

Mac

mac davis

Usually, but not always. General definition seems to be "Made from trees, with no better or more specific term for it"

Another one is "firelighters"

Reply to
dingbat