Titebond I vs. Titebond II

Any reason not to always use Titebond II over Titebond I (other than the minor difference in cost)?

i.e., Titebond II has the advantage of water resistance but does it have any disadvantages for general woodworking?

Reply to
blueman

Titebond II is more viscous and doesn't spread as easily. I use Titbond I unless I need a water resistant glue. -- but then, why not use a fully waterproof glue?

Also, even though we hope never to have to undo a bond, it's easier with Titebond I.

Reply to
joeljcarver

The chalk temperature (the temp at above which it should be used) is higher for II than I

If were not cheap, I would use III uas the general purpose glue rather than II

Reply to
sawdust