What is the purpose of this wooden plane

Hi,

I picked up a wooden plane from a flea market. Not sure what the purpose of this one is. It is an inverted 'L'. A crude side drawing is below with the location of the blade marked with an 'X'. It looks like if I used a fence against the left side I could cut a groove to a specific depth.

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
alex.colic

Sorry, I couldn't interpret the drawing. Sounds like possibly a rabbet plane or, if the "L" is two edges, both sharpened, for a stepped rabbet.

Reply to
dpb