What is it? Set 285

SFWIW, it has been several decades since I used one and it looked like an antique back then.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Not fair. You photoshopped the original pic!

Reply to
1D10T

That would take up more valuable floor space, and require multiple operations to wind, measure and cut, then remove it from the drum and coil it back up.

That measuring machine was used with a hand cranked collapsible reel that both pulled the wire through the machine, and coiled it. Once you had the right length you cut it, tied the coil, the released the arms to free the coil. I sold and used a lot of wire with those, back in the '70s. I used some long lag eyes and screwed them into exposed studs, then used some old stock ground rods to hold the smaller reels.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell