What is a Cabinet Scraper Good For?

Removing the smeared blood trail left behind on tiger maple after you've cut yourself (unnoticed) on the freshly burnished edge.

Gee, who'da thought?

Reply to
Tom Banes

Welcome to the club! Anyone showed you the secret handshake?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

You shake hands with people that have blood on them? Ew. ;)

RicodJour

Charlie:

All my pinkies have tiny little slices on them, and one palm has a pretty good nick where the burnisher slipped off the edge, leaving my off hand only one place toend up, and that place was sharp! So I don't want to shake hands.

I suspect the "secret handshake" does not involve any contact, but I still have a lot to learn.

The damn things do leave a nice finish though, and lots of neat little curlies on the floor.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes

Wed, Aug 30, 2006, 4:57pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.mail.airmail.net (Tom=A0Banes) doth sayeth: Removing the smeared blood trail left behind on tiger maple after you've cut yourself (unnoticed) on the freshly burnished edge. Gee, who'da thought?

Well you obviously wasn't thinking. If you'd bled enough to cover the whole thing you wouldn'e have had to remove it. Should have been an interesting finish, you could have honestly said it was hand made.

JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.

Reply to
J T

LOL - I've got to 'hand' it to you there - I'd never thought of that before. It would even fluoresce under UV light! (For a while) Probably a good thing it doesn't catch on, though - I'd hate to get woodworkers into a competition with the red cross. And if I wanted to get a project done, I don't think I'd be patient enough to wait the whole 8 weeks between donations/coats.

Seriously, I still haven't gotten really good at burnishing, but I'm always scared that my hand/the burnisher will slip exactly as you described.

Hope you heal soon, Andy

Reply to
Andy

I think coffee is easier to use, though maybe not as cheap.. *g*

Mac

mac davis

whole/hole new meaning to "blood wood"... yuk...

Mac

mac davis