John Moorhead Lakeport, CA

Reply to
John Moorhead
[snapping a salute] hear! hear!

dave

John Moorhead wrote:

Reply to
dmdmdm

I'm in... More Tools Than Talent (nee' Patrick)

Reply to
mttt

I never said you were about to be banned, I said you reminded me of someone who had.....and the similarities continue to grow.

Take it easy.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

why would you think I have to have WW talent, anyway? I can be interested in WW without being GREAT at it, you twit! and a condescending one, at that. screw you!

besides, moron, how do you know how well or poorly I can build something?

dave

mttt wrote:

Reply to
namrepuS

Hi Dave,

I haven't read most of the squabbles you've had with Tom, but I remember coming across a statement or two like this from you earlier, and I'm curious about it.

Neither have I read all of Tom's posts, but those I have easily convinced me of an exceptionally literate personality, with a decent grasp not merely of literature but of appropriating the _bon mot_.

I couldn't tell you whether he's a _vir bonus_, but that he's _dicendi peritus_ (from Cato's determination of what makes a great orator/statesman) makes him one of the more gifted writers on this NG--at least so it seems to me.

What makes you think he's not a good writer? Have you saved the instances where he wrote something that made you think otherwise, and can you share them with me? I'm at a loss to see why you have judged his writing thus.

H. (w/ no intention of supporting or subverting this thread, just exploring something else that interests me)

Reply to
Hylourgos

The very personification of ""wit", I would say!

Say what? Care to translate that to coonass for me? Actually, I agree with you ... I think. ;>)

Well put.

Reply to
Swingman

Hi! Tom IS a good writer. I just had to work his name into the post quickly so I could spread a little cheer his way. He is DEFINITELY a good writer; too bad he uses his talent in a "bad" manner . We just don't get along due to a long history of mutual dislike. Sorry you didn't know the reason for my post. I don't elucidate a lot. I try to keep my posts reasonably short.

dave

Hylourgos wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

From this moment on... Bob Schmall

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Don't tell Forrest. They are likely to sue for name infringement. :-)

Joe

Reply to
BIG JOE

Doh! Good catch. Well, at least someone read it. I guess it was a freudian slip :)

I do have to say though, I thought its hype was mostly BS, but it really does do a beautiful job and slices like crazy. I am not sure it is worth the bucks, but it sure is nice.

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

and I'll add you to MY list...

dave

Reply to
b.a.y...a.re.a...d.a..v.e

RKON

Reply to
RKON

Zeke Gibson

Zeke Change com to net for e-mail

Reply to
Zeke

Jack Novak

Reply to
Nova

Andy

Reply to
Andy

We know. You couldn't see the Forrest for the trees.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I *had* to look that one up.

Werlax

vir bonus, dicendi peritus: Latin, originally by Cato, indicating an ideal orator, preserved by Quintilian in the _Institutio Oratorio_, perhaps the most influential rhetorical text from the ancient Classical world. It's a dense phrase, so a bit hard to translate meaningfully. Literally, it would be something like "a good man, experienced in speaking", but every word, except perhaps "vir/man", has nuance that resonates from earlier rhetorical, philosophical and legal traditions.

Hylourgos

"B*y Urea D*v*" puked out:...

*MORE* evidence you mean? *MORE* evidence that you will ignore and refuse to reply to? Ok, one final time.

First, now that you're predictably abusive response has arrived, I'll point out that I have not yet signed up to ignore you in this thread - check my previous post.

Second, there's not enough pixels to list *all* of your lies, abuse and slander, but here's a start:

Third, you recently claimed to have killfiled me

- it seems that is just another lie.

Whatever insults you care to hurl now, do as I (and others) have done, and reference them to give them some credibility, then at least once in nearly

6000 posts we can say you supported your lies and slander with something approximating a fact.

NOW I am happy to say I am done with you. You can change identities all you want, but you've busted your identity RECON TROLL - your done here.

Reply to
Greg Millen