Waterproof wood glue?

I'm going to make a cutting board by gluing together strips of different kinds of wood that are different colors so I get a contrasting pattern. Obviously this will get exposed to a lot of water during its life because it will get washed regularly. What kind of glue should I use? Also, since this will be the first time I'll be joining wood like this, should I just join flat surfaces or should I use a router to put some kind of groove on the edge?

Reply to
NoNameAtAll

I usually make a bunch of cutting boards in the fall. They make great gifts, and it is a wonderful way to use scrap wood. I use regular Titebond, even though it isn't marketed as being water resistant. I find that the cutting boards get rinsed, not soaked. If you want more water resistance, use a poly glue, like Gorilla glue, or Titebond II.

I would make the edges as flat as possible for your glue ups. I don't think that there is a need for any other type enhancement.

Bob McBreen

Reply to
RWM

or Titebond III when it is available.