Wally's Workshop

Anyone else remember Wally's Workshop? It aired '72-'73 quite a bit before TOH or NYW were on the air. As I recall it was sponsored by Rutland Lumber and aired on a station in the Albany, NY area.

I remember it more for the husband and wife team of Wally and Natalie Bruner's pending and ultimately fulfilled mistakes than for it's ability to pass on stellar technical advise to homeowners... For example, I recall the host falling through a ceiling while installing a free standing stove and on another show breaking out the side of a board when he tried to plane the end-grain... But hey, their banter was good and they did move people a long way even though there were execution errors!

I have to wonder if this was Russ Morash's inspiration to do TOH. A comment on

said the show did air in the Boston area...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

John,

Yes I remember that show. And I saw it in Indiana. Don't remember much more than that.

It was a different kind of show at the time. Don't remember Wally falling through the celling.

I just though Wally had more money to spend than he knew what to do it.

W. Kirk Crawford Tularosa, New Mexico

Reply to
W. Kirk Crawford

Very similar to TOH, then. Does anyone recall seeing a project house that wouldn't have cost at least half a million bucks?

Reply to
Charlie Self

Wait a minute. You _don't_ have sponsors donating labor and equipment for your house renovations? That's not right! I think you should talk to your marketing manager and CFO about restructuring your sponsor relations department. It seems dysfunctional. ;)

RicodJour

As I recall the show was filmed in a studio... even the free standing fireplace was done in a mocked-up room and when the camera pulled back you could see Wally in the "attic" and Natalie in the "room." Of the episodes I saw I don't recall any outside the studio. Then again, I doubt that I saw them all... even if the show only lasted a season to two.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

fireplace was done in a

"attic" and Natalie in the

again, I doubt that I saw

Sounds like Home Improvement with Tim Allen and a bearded chippie.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

Early HomeTime programming was all shot in the studio, later they went out into the field.

Reply to
EXT